History of Club
The game was first introduced to the area in 2011, by Maureen and Ian Wilson, who fell in love with the game in 2009 while visiting ‘The Villages’, Florida, USA. They approached ‘Go Active’, part of Oxfordshire Sports Partnership, in conjunction with Cherwell District Council, to get involved. ‘Go Active’ were instrumental in getting the club started, without their assistance and support we would not be where we are today.
Members of the group play at the following locations:-
- Abingdon, White Horse Leisure Centre, where they play Tuesdays 15.00 to 16.00, Wednesday 08.30 to 09.30 and Saturday from 17.00 to 18.00.
- Witney, Windrush Leisure Centre, on Monday from 16.00 to 17.00.
- Didcot at the Willowbroke Leisure Centre on Wednesday from 13.00 to 15.00.
- Banbury (Bloxham), Warriner School, Monday and Thursday from 19.30 to 21.30.
- Wantage LeisureCentre, Thursday form 17.30 to 18.30
- Thame Leisure Centre: Monday from 11.15 to 13.15 and Tuesday from 09.45 to 11.15
To find full information about any venue click on the club name above, (If underlined).
Learning Pickleball while in the USA
Anyone from the UK who is visiting The Villages, Florida, USA and would like to learn more about Pickleball, should make contact with June Walker.
June is the Assistant Chair of the Pickleball Beginner Program for The Villages. She is also Pickleball Instructor Training Co-Ordinator. contact her via email email@example.com giving as much notice as you can and what information you require.